Real Estate Purchases, Sales, and Investments
How can we help you?
Whether a home, vacation spot, investment property, or business asset, real estate often is a significant asset in the portfolio.
There are a lot of types of real estate transactions that we help with:
– Single family homes, townhouses, condominiums, co-ops, multi-family buildings, mixed use, and more
– Resales, new construction, rehab projects, condo conversions and deconversions, commercial leases, transactions with brokers, transactions without brokers (by owner)
– City of Chicago, and suburban Cook County, Lake County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, and McHenry County
– Holdings that utilize trusts, land trusts, LLCs, transfer on death instruments, and other estate planning vehicles
What do you want to do?
FROM OUR BLOG
- How do you divide inherited real estate?How do you divide up inherited real estate? There are several strategies to deal with this kind of scenario, whether in estate planning or after the death of the owner.
- The Unintended Consequences of Holding Real Estate in Joint TenancyMarsha knew she wanted to leave her house to her only son. She didn’t want anything too complicated. Then she had what seemed like a good idea: If she put a property in joint tenancy with her son, perhaps both of them might be able … Read more
- What is a real estate tax proration and how is it calculated?When buying or selling real estate, it is common to prorate real estate taxes. Ultimately, the purpose of the tax proration is to achieve a fair balance of the interests of purchasers and sellers in transactions.
- What is a 1031 Exchange?Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code allows capital gains taxes to be deferred rather than realized when selling investment properties…
- What is a step up in basis?Sometimes people want to sell part or all of an inheritance. They may benefit from a step up in basis.
- Five ways a real estate attorney helps Sellers get to closingGetting your home under contract for sale can be a great feeling, but it is just the end of the listing process. Here are five ways that your real estate attorney can help you get to the closing table.
Thinking about a real estate transaction?
We help people on the move to buy, sell, or exchange real estate in Chicago and suburban Cook, Lake, DuPage, Will, Kane, and McHenry Counties. From single family homes to condominiums and townhouses, multi-unit apartment buildings, parking spaces, and vacant lots, we can guide you through the process so that you can call a new place your own. Whether an existing home or new construction, and whether it’s a buyer’s market or a seller’s market, a booming economy or a recession, or anything in between, we are ready to help you get the deal done!