By using this Website, you understand and agree that:
1. No attorney-client relationship between you and WCL arises from your use of this Website and/or any actions you take based upon any Content posted on this Website.
2. The Content posted on this Website is not a substitute for legal advice. The Content posted on this Website may not apply to the facts of your case or matter. If you have a legal issue, you should immediately contact a licensed attorney in your state rather than rely upon the Content posted on this Website. Unless you retain WCL for representation, any acts undertaken by you, whether or not related in any way to any Content contained on this Website, are your sole responsibility, and the Firm, its principals, agents, and representatives each disclaim any and all liability associated with such acts.
3. WCL makes no warranties or representations that: (i) The services this Website provides will be uninterrupted or error-free; (ii) Any defects will be corrected; (iii) The Website is free of viruses, spyware, bots and/or other malware; and (iv) Any servers in connection with this Website are free of viruses, spyware, bots and/or other malware. As such, the Firm disclaims any and all liability in connection with the foregoing.
4. Throughout the Website, we may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Our linking to such third-party sites does not imply an endorsement or sponsorship of such sites, or the information, products or services offered on or through the sites. In addition, neither we nor affiliates operate or control in any respect any information, products or services that third parties may provide on or through the Website or on sites linked to by us on the Website.
5. If applicable, any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers, are those of the respective authors or distributors, and not WCL. Neither WCL nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content. Furthermore, WCL neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy and reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on any of the Websites by anyone other than an authorized WCL representative while acting in his/her official capacity.
6. You agree at all times to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WCL its affiliates, their successors, transferees, assignees and licensees and their respective parent and subsidiary companies, agents, associates, officers, directors, shareholders and employees of each from and against any and all claims, causes of action, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to your breach of any obligation, warranty, representation or covenant set forth herein.
To access certain features of the Website, you may be asked to register with us on a form provided and such registration may require you to provide personally identifiable information such as your name and email address. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Website’s registration form. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof).
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using the Site or components contained on the site (e.g., features providing appointment scheduling or messaging provided on the Site). Generally, this information may include name, phone number, and e-mail address, postal address, credit card information, and/or other information when registering for or purchasing our products or services. All of this information is provided to us by you.
You agree to be financially responsible for all purchases made by you or someone acting on your behalf through the Website. You agree to use the Website and to purchase services or products through the Website for legitimate, non-commercial purposes only. You also agree not to make any purchases for speculative, false or fraudulent purposes or for the purpose of anticipating demand for a particular product or service. You agree to only purchase goods or services for yourself or for another person for whom you are legally permitted to do so. When making a purchase for a third party that requires you to submit the third party’s personal information to us or a merchant, you represent that you have obtained the express consent of such third party to provide such third party’s personal information.
Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through our Website, regarding payment and delivery of specific goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that WCL shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings.
It is a condition of your use of the Website that you do not:
a) Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website.
b) Use the Website to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
c) Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Website or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Website.
d) Use the Website to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person.
e) Gain unauthorized access to the Website, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Website, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means.
f) Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Website.
g) Use the Website to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law.
h) Use the Website to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.
i) Use the Website to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
j) Use the Website to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
k) Use the Website to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval.
l) Gather for marketing purposes any email addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Website.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Your License to Us. By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, comments, blog entries, Facebook postings, photos and videos) to us via the Website, internet groups, social media venues, or to any of our staff via email, text or otherwise, you are representing: (i) that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material; and (ii) that you are eighteen years of age or older. In addition, when you submit, email, text or deliver or post any material, you are granting us, and anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium, now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose. The foregoing grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such posting or submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. Also, in connection with the exercise of such rights, you grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, email address or screen name, as we deem appropriate.
You acknowledge and agree that any contributions originally created by you for us shall be deemed a “work made for hire” when the work performed is within the scope of the definition of a work made for hire in Section 101 of the United States Copyright Law, as amended. As such, the copyrights in those works shall belong to WCL from their creation. Thus, WCL shall be deemed the author and exclusive owner thereof and shall have the right to exploit any or all of the results and proceeds in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, in all languages, as WCL determines. In the event that any of the results and proceeds of your submissions hereunder are not deemed a “work made for hire” under Section 101 of the Copyright Act, as amended, you hereby, without additional compensation, irrevocably assign, convey and transfer to WCL all proprietary rights, including without limitation, all copyrights and trademarks throughout the universe, in perpetuity in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, to such material and any and all right, title and interest in and to all such proprietary rights in every medium, whether now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. Any posted material which are reproductions of prior works by you shall be co-owned by us.
You acknowledge that WCL has the right but not the obligation to use and display any postings or contributions of any kind and that WCL may elect to cease the use and display of any such materials (or any portion thereof), at any time for any reason whatsoever.
Limitations on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to the Website so long as the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by us or by the Website. However, you may not, without our prior written permission, frame or inline link any of the content of the Website, or incorporate into another website or other service any of our material, content or intellectual property.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THIS WEBSITE IS CONTINUALLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT AND WCL MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, AS TO ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR APPROPRIATENESS FOR ANY PURPOSE.
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS ATTORNEY ADVERTISING MATERIAL AND IS INTENDED FOR A GENERAL AUDIENCE. IT DOES NOT PURPORT TO BE, NOR SHOULD IT BE CONSTRUED AS, LEGAL ADVICE FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL, CASE, MATTER, OR SITUATION. THESE MATERIALS DO NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL, COMPLIANCE, FINANCIAL, TAX, ACCOUNTING, INVESTMENT, OR RELATED ADVICE. The information presented on this Website (including but not limited to content in any format) is based on sources and information reasonably believed to be accurate as of the time it was recorded or created. However, this material deals with topics that are constantly changing and are subject to ongoing changes related to technology and the marketplace as well as legal and related compliance issues. Therefore, the completeness and current accuracy of the materials cannot be guaranteed.
Any case studies, examples, illustrations cannot guarantee that the user will achieve similar results. In fact, your results may vary significantly and factors such as your market, personal effort and many other circumstances may and will cause results to vary.
WCL DOES NOT PROMISE OR GUARANTEE ANY INCOME OR PARTICULAR RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE.
This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of WCL and our respective assigns, successors, heirs, and legal representatives. Neither this Agreement nor any rights hereunder may be assigned without the prior written consent of WCL Notwithstanding the foregoing, all rights and obligations under this Agreement may be freely assigned by WCL to any affiliated entity or any of its wholly owned subsidiaries.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severed from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Windy City Legal
150 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 2400
Chicago, IL 60606.
Effective Date: July 2021